Changing inner rod tie is not a tough job if you have the required tools by following the upcoming easy steps anyone can change the inner rod tie with out any complications. The instructions for the change of the inner tie rod on Audi a4 are as follows
DIY Guide to Change Inner Tie Rod On Audi A4 Quattro
• First we need to jack up the car remove the wheels and remove the outer rod ends.
• There will be two clamps holding the inner tie rod end boot. The smaller inner clip is pinch clip that can be undone using hands but the inner clamp requires flat head to undo it.
• You need to have rod end tool with a crow’s foot (38.4 mm).
• We need to fit the crow’s foot in the inner tie rod end.
• Slide the inner tie rod end tool in and lock the crow’s foot. Attach the ratchet to the end of the tool once its done start to rotate it in the counter-clockwise direction to remove the inner tie rod end.
• For installation you need to perform every thing in reverse and you are all done!
Yes, that’s it; you’re done! So, as you can see it’s fairly easy to change the inner rod tie rod on Audi a4 Quattro if you follow the above given steps.